There are more than 400 employees in Polymetal Engineering who are making paperwork and research. Each year the workload increase. And the company managers decided to implement a planning and control system based on Microsoft Project.
Goals and objectives
Business process automation:
• preparation and scheduling of project work
• planning and assigning project resources
• formation of the budget and register of project risks
• accounting of actually spent resources for the project
• control over the execution of projects
• change management on the project
• preparation and provision of reports.
1 Step: work on the deployment and configuration of Microsoft Project, training of key specialists.
2 Step: Launching procedure
3 Step: formation, coordination and approval of the charter in the system, a library of templates for typical tasks on the project for the subsequent reduction of the time for the formation of new schedules.
4 Step: resource planning, classification by labor costs, material costs, categories and line item distribution.
5 Step: formation of a risk register with a filter by categories and projects (classification of risks into 3 categories "low", "medium" and "high").
Polymetal got an information system with the data according to current projects and trained users to work in the system